Camerota 2nd in Steamboat NC World Cup-BTweet
Brett Camerota finished second Saturday as the nordic combined World Cup-B schedule opened. Twin brother Eric was 10th in the first of six competitions in the United States.
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colorado — Brett Camerota finished second Saturday as the nordic combined World Cup-B schedule opened. Twin brother Eric was 10th in the first of six competitions in the United States.
Austrian Lukas Klapfer, 17th in the jumping on the 127-meter jump at Howelsen Hill, had the second-fastest 15-kilometer time and skied to an 11-second win over Camerota, who was an impressive third in jumping. Eric Camerota, a 2006 Olympian with his brother, was eighth in jumping and finished 47 seconds behind Klapfer.
The Mountain Resorts World Cup-B schedule resumes Sunday with a sprint – one jump on the big hill and a 7.5 km race. From Steamboat, the World Cup-B group heads to Park City and Soldier Hollow, Utah, for events next Friday and Saturday with two final competitions Dec. 20-21 in Lake Placid, New York.
Steamboat Springs NC World Cup -B results
NORDIC COMBINED WORLD CUP-B
Presented by Mountain Resorts
Steamboat Springs, Colo. – Dec. 9, 2006
1. Lukas Klapfer, Austria, 17/2
2. Brett Camerota, Park City, Utah, (3/16) 11.0 seconds back
3. Tino Edelmann, Germany, (6/14) 14.5
4. Christian Beetz, Germany, (21/4) 20.4
5. Mathieu Martinez, France, (25/3) 21.4
U.S. skiers in the top 40:
26. Alex Glueck, Steamboat Springs, Colo., (40/20) 2:37.9
27. Bryan Fletcher, Steamboat Springs, Colo., (2:39.6
37. Alex Miller, Steamboat Springs, Colo., (31/34) 3:54.4
39. Willy Graves, Putney, Vt., (30/38) 4:24.8
40. Davis Miller, Steamboat Springs, Colo., (32/41) 4:58.2
For complete results: