PARK CITY, Utah – U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) Chairman Dexter Paine named seven new members to the USSA Board of Directors at the annual meeting on Sunday (May 18) during USSA Congress 2014. Joining the board are Tricia Byrnes, Emily Cook, Bryan Fletcher, Lisa Kosglow, Darryl Landstrom, Eric Resnick and Cami Thompson-Graves. Each individual brings a wealth of knowledge and experience in sport to the board.
- Tricia Byrnes (Aspen, CO) joined the board as snowboard athlete representative. She was a member of the U.S. Snowboarding team for 10 years, a 2002 Olympian (finishing sixth in halfpipe) and is currently a member of the World Snowboard Tour board of directors and a press officer for U.S. Snowboarding.
- Emily Cook (Belmont, MA) joined the board as freestyle athlete representative. She is a two-time Olympian and six-time U.S. Champion in the sport of aerial skiing and is currently ranked second in the FIS World Cup standings.
- Bryan Fletcher (Steamboat Springs, CO) joined the board as Jumping/Nordic Combined Athlete Representative. He has been a member of 3 World Junior Championship teams and 4 World Championship Teams. In 2012, he became the 5th American to ever win the Kings Cup in Oslo Norway at Holmenkollen.
- Lisa Kosglow (Hood River, OR) joined the board as an at-large representative. She formerly served as an athlete representative (2005-2011). She is a two-time Olympian and avid outdoors person. For 15 years she has instructed children and adults both across the U.S. and internationally.
- Darryl Landstrom (Minneapolis, MN) joined the board as alpine representative. He is founder and president of D. Landstrom Associates, a consumer product sales agency based in Minneapolis. Landstrom, his son Jason and his grandchildren have all been active in ski jumping and alpine ski racing.
- Eric Resnick (Vail, CO) joined the board as an at-large representative. He is a co-founder and managing director of KSL Capital Partners, LLC. He serves as vice president of the Board of Trustees of the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Team Foundation and is a member of the Board of Squaw Valley Ski Corporation and Alpine Meadows Ski Resort and the Board of The Vail Valley Foundation.
- Cami Thompson-Graves (East Thetford, VT) joined the board as Cross Country Representative. After a stint on the U.S. Ski Team, she transitioned to coaching at Dartmouth where she has served for many years as a highly respected NSAA program leader. She serves as Vice President and is a member of the New England Nordic Ski Association Board of Directors and is also on the NCAA Skiing Rules Committee.
- Additionally, Jon Engen (Ketchum, ID) has retired after a long tenure as chairman of the USSA Cross Country Sport Committee and serving on the USSA Board of Directors. Engen, a three-time Olympian, served for many years as an athlete representative before transitioning to committee chair.
USSA Board of Directors
Chairman: Dexter Paine, New York, NY (FIS)
Vice Chairman: Greg Boester, Rye, NY (Foundation)
Treasurer: John Bucksbaum, Chicago, IL (Foundation)
Tricia Byrnes, Aspen, CO (Snowboarding Athlete)
Jon Casson, Salt Lake City, UT (Snowboarding)
Charles Christianson, Anchorage (Alpine Athlete)
Emily Cook, Park City, UT (Freestyle Athlete)
Glenn Eddy, Carrabassett Valley, ME (Freestyle)
Bryan Fletcher, Steamboat Springs, CO (Jumping/Nordic Combined Athlete)
Cami Thompson-Graves, East Thetford, VT (Cross Country)
Joe Holland, Hanover, NH (Jumping/Combined)
Jeanne Jackson, Portland, OR (Foundation)
Lisa Kosglow, Hood River, OR (At-Large)
Darryl Landstrom, Minneapolis, MN (Alpine)
Andy McLane, Weston, MA (Foundation)
Kipp Nelson, Ketchum, ID (Foundation)
Erik Resnick, Vail, CO (At-Large)
Tiger Shaw, Park City, UT (CEO)
James Southam, Anchorage, AK (Cross Country Athlete)
Hank Tauber, Park City, UT (Foundation)
Michael Berry, Lakewood, CO (National Ski Areas Association)
David Ingemie, McLean, VA (SnowSports Industries America)
Howard ‘Chip’ Knight, Hanover, NH (USOC Athletes’ Advisory Council)
Bill Marolt, Park City, UT (USOC)
Release courtesy of USSA