La Plagne moguls: Heil reclaims moguls points leadTweet
Nate Roberts and Michelle Roark had the top results for U.S. skiers Tuesday night in a World Cup dual moguls contest, each finishing sixth. Four U.S. men and four women made it into finals.
LA PLAGNE, France — Nate Roberts and Michelle Roark had the top results for U.S. skiers Tuesday night in a World Cup dual moguls contest, each finishing sixth. Four U.S. men and four women made it into finals.
In the first World Cup duals action since Jan. 13, Olympic moguls champions Jennifer Heil of Canada and Dale Begg-Smith of Australia won the night event. Heil — who reclaimed the World Cup points lead — defeated Norway’s Ingrid Berntsen and Begg-Smith stopped Pierre-Alexandre Rousseau of Canada.
Roberts finished sixth with Jay Bowman-Kirigin seventh, David Babic 10th and David Digravio 16th. For the U.S. women, Roark was sixth, Jillian Vogtli eighth, Shannon Bahrke ninth and Shelly Robertson 13th.
FREESTYLE WORLD CUP
La Plagne, France — Feb. 6, 2007
(16 qualify for finals)
Men’s dual moguls
1. Dale Begg-Smith, Australia
2. Pierre-Alexandre Rousseau, Canada
3. Guilbaut Colas, France
4. Alexandre Bilodeau, Canada
5. Sami Mustonen, Finland
6. Nate Roberts, Park City, Utah
7. Jay Bowman-Kirigin, Salt Lake City
10. Dave Babic, Washington, Vt.
16. David Digravio, Farmington, Maine
22. Sho Kashima, Zephyr Cove, Nev.
Women’s dual moguls
1. Jennifer Heil, Canada
2. Ingrid Berntsen, Norway
3. Sara Kjellin, Sweden
4. Kristi Richards, Canada
5. Margarita Marbler, Austria
6. Michelle Roark, Winter Park, Colo.
8. Jillian Vogtli, Ellicotville, N.Y.
9. Shannon Bahrke, Tahoe City, Calif.
13. Shelly Robertson, Reno, Nev.
17. Heather McPhie, Bozeman, Mont.
18. McKenzy Golding, Reno, Nev.