Park City Ski & Snowboard
Park City Ski & Snowboard (“PCSS”) is hiring an Alpine Director. The role includes creating and implementing a long-term strategic plan and vision for the alpine program, managing the division budget, overseeing all alpine coaching staff, managing venues/facilities/hosted events, and growing the program. The Alpine Director will also provide on-hill technical training/coaching, at all levels of the program, as needed. The position is full-time, salaried and overtime-exempt.
The Alpine Director is the face of Park City alpine racing, and the successful candidate will possess high-touch public relations and constituent engagement skills to appropriately and persuasively represent PCSS. The Alpine Director is also responsible for maintaining positive relationships with the donor community, alumni, business partners, and the alpine racing ecosystem to effectively support club-wide fundraising efforts for PCSS. This role is also part of a multi-disciplinary leadership team at PCSS and is expected to collaborate effectively with sport directors in other disciplines to support the club’s philosophy and mission. Additional skills and education required include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and either Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience managing and leading high-level teams and programs
- Extensive knowledge of alpine ski racing at all levels (U-10 through FIS)
- Extensive knowledge of race management, surface preparation and course setting
- Extensive knowledge of the USSS, including the Western Region and IMD
- Extensive knowledge of all FIS regulations and protocols
- Significant alpine ski racing/coaching/admin background, prior race experience preferred
- Proficient knowledge of and comfort with technology
Interested candidates should review the full job description and apply online no later than April 2, 2021. All applicants must register online to be considered for this position.