SYNC is a young, high-energy, high-growth company aiming to shake up the ski racing world. Founded in 2014, and based in East Vail, Colorado, we’re made up of a small yet ambitious team of skiers full of the entrepreneurial spirit. Be ready to jump in, make decisions, and make a difference. Everyone operates with the independence and authority to take charge of their role and accomplishments as a key player on the SYNC team. Our HQ office space features a small retail showroom out front – it’s a work hard, play hard atmosphere where the espresso flows like water and office hours adjust accordingly when the snow starts to fall.
About the Role
At SYNC, everyone wears many hats, in fact, we struggled hard to come up with this job title. You will find yourself working with non-profit partners, chipping in on social media content, helping write web and email copy, testing and providing product development feedback, and a million other things. But the key objectives and desired results break down into two main categories.
Customer service management means taking ownership of the SYNC customer experience. From email to Facebook messages, phone calls to in-person pop-ins, we have a goal to delight and amaze our customers every day. This might mean working with our marketing director to update web copy in response to return/exchange trends or running to the local FedEx office to drop off an overnight delivery. This is where experience and knowledge of the ski racing culture and community are a huge benefit.
Logistics and operations management means you will be the main point of contact between our 3rd party logistics partners. That means working in our inventory management systems to keep orders going where they need to go, on time, and accurately. We work with common solutions like Shopify, Stitch Labs, and Amazon Seller Central, as well as some platforms that are unique to our warehouse and shipping providers. So the ability to understand and implement different software systems is crucial. Optimization is key, nothing is set in stone at SYNC. If you see a better way to do something, we not only embrace change but emphasize looking at every activity through a critical and constructive lense. That said, we have a saying around the office, “ ideas are easy, execution is everything”, so if you want to bring something to the table, you’d better be ready to show how we can get it done!
A non-exhaustive list of things this person will do on a day-to-day basis:
Customer Service Management (55%):
- Be the first and main point of contact at SYNC for customers via phone, email, and webchat to answer questions regarding but not limited to product, order status, discounts, inventory status, and return/warranty/repairs – responding promptly and clearly is crucial
- Offer alternate and creative solutions to resolve customers’ complaints or critiques
- Process Improvement: taking the initiative to pitch and implement ways to streamline workflows (i.e. how to process returns/exchanges)
- Work with team and club account manager closely to assist with custom order satisfaction
SYNC HQ Management (30%):
- Manage the coverage of the showroom
- Build processes so that each employee upholds a tidy showroom
- Stocking and merchandising of appropriate products and sizes for retail store
- Works creatively with the team to help merchandise showroom
- Keeps office fully stocked with office supplies, packing materials, coffee bean refills, etc.
Logistics and Operations (10%):
- Oversee, manage, and optimize all 3PL partners, E-commerce (Shopify, Amazon, eBay, Etc) and Promotional orders
- Pick, pack and ship orders from the Vail office if and when necessary
Event Management (5%):
- Manage event logistics
- Plan, organize and pack supplies for offsite events
- Coordinate staffing
- Join the rest of the team and staff events (Birds of Prey, team fall fit days, etc.)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Microsoft Office and Google Universe proficiency required
- Knowledge and background in the ski racing world required
- Customer service experience desired
- Must be able to analyze and solve problems independently
- Quick learner of new systems and able to create/implement processes on the fly – nothing we do comes with a “manual”
- Must communicate effectively and efficiently in person, via email, and on the phone
- Must be extremely attentive to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
What we offer:
A chance to join a growing, passionate, focused company on the ground level. It’s that rare “real job” based in the mountains. An office environment that’s fast past but relaxed (you can work in ski pants!..or slippers). The chance to work day to day with other former NCAA racers and ski fanatics. Lifestyle stipend (ski pass!) Employment on a full-time basis, with occasional weekend commitments. Salary commensurate with skill and experience level.
How to Apply: